Friday, January 9, 2009

A hole in time never filled

People say that we have a hole in us that only God can fill. Though this may be true, I have to interject my own thoughts.

The common belief is that accepting Christ will fill that hole. I lean towards disagreement with that. Though I do believe that He completes us, I do not think that it happens here on earth as so many wish to believe. No matter what we have or attain to, or what relationships we have, we will always have a sense of needing something more.

My standing at this point is this: If God did complete us to the point that we no longer sensed a need for more, we would be dead just on the account of His awesomeness! In the OT it talks about if someone saw Him fully, they would die. I think it would kinda be like that. When we reach for heaven, I believe we will be completed completely with no longings for anything.

So, what does that mean? I am not sure other than to just Keep following Him, and living towards the purposes I know He has for my life on earth, and look forward to the glorious day I will be with Him in Glory.